This is one of the two larger paintings that are currently evolving in the studio.This one is now primarily shades of brown and the other, I think will feel more silvery. Probably the influence of the winter season. Ironically, today, we finally have some snow on the ground. Not much, but enough to make it look wintery, and perhaps relieve some of the ongoing drought conditions in the mountains.
About the ArtistNanci has a BFA from the University of Oregon, and an MA/MFA from University of Iowa. In addition to being a practicing artist since 1988, she has taught at colleges in Kentucky, Virginia, Maryland, and Colorado. When not in the studio, you can find her in the garden, or volunteering around town.
About the ArtMy current work is inspired by the movement and entanglement of layered twining forms. I love creating contradictory impulses - approaching and withdrawing -overlapping and pulling apart - density and ethereality - beauty and menace. All images are copyright the artist. No reproduction or use without permission.
recent comments – join the conversation
- nerskine on Not Done – Still Here
- marandarussell on Not Done – Still Here
- nerskine on Everybody into the pool! (the art of not being all-consumingly productive all the time)
- Kate Dardine on Everybody into the pool! (the art of not being all-consumingly productive all the time)
- nerskine on Art Touring…..