Now that I’m noodling around more in the studio …drawing more, aimlessly trying things…. I’ve been painting these little gems. Almost like more fully exploring small areas of former paintings. (see industrial landscapes). Lots of layering, painting under, then over. Carving out deeper spaces….. my kind of fun.
About the ArtistNanci has a BFA from the University of Oregon, and an MA/MFA from University of Iowa. In addition to being a practicing artist since 1988, she has taught at colleges in Kentucky, Virginia, Maryland, and Colorado. When not in the studio, you can find her in the garden, or volunteering around town.
My Work for Sale HERE
About the ArtMy current work is inspired by the movement and entanglement of layered twining forms. I love creating contradictory impulses - approaching and withdrawing -overlapping and pulling apart - density and ethereality - beauty and menace. All images are copyright the artist. No reproduction or use without permission.
recent comments – join the conversation
- nerskine on Everybody into the pool! (the art of not being all-consumingly productive all the time)
- Kate Dardine on Everybody into the pool! (the art of not being all-consumingly productive all the time)
- nerskine on Art Touring…..
- eightdecades on Art Touring…..
- nerskine on wait…. is this work really complete..?