I just finished this one yesterday, after tweaking the stems a bit.
The genesis of this piece was a simple line drawing of a vine, and then I improvised on the flowers. Ironically, some paintings have been lurking around the studio for over a year, being reinvented and fussed over, so it’s a welcome relief to start one that moves along to completion without so much angst.
There are changes of course, and reworking, color shifts, etc…
but the basic idea didn’t take a 180 like occasionally happens.
We just got back from seeing Melissa Etheredge in person- playing at the local
autumn wingding here in town called New West Fest. Maybe it’s from all those hours in the studio, but I can still stand on pavement for an hour without my knees complaining too much- whoo hoo